Back-to-school time is an exciting time of new beginnings and fresh starts. It’s also the perfect time to adopt new behaviors that keep you feeling strong. We’ve compiled our own list of ABCs for how to stay healthy when everyone heads back to school.
- A is for Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is an adaptogen that is believed to reduce stress, calm the mind, reduce swelling, lower blood pressure, and help the immune system. Sounds like it’s made just for this time of year!
- B is for Blueberry. Blueberries are a mighty berry that are packed with antioxidants to keep you healthy. They work well as a sweet snack in place of candy or something more processed - something to keep in mind while packing the kids’ lunches.
- C is for CoQ10. Some physicians recommend supplementing CoQ10 for healthy heart function, memory, and blood sugar balance. Try using it as a supplement before an important test!
- D is for Dandelion. Dandelion is used in health supplements to promote normal liver function and to support detoxification and healthy digestion.
- E is for Echinacea. Grab some Echinacea tea before you head out the door this season, your immune system and lymphatic respiratory system will thank you.!
- F is for Fenugreek Seed. Adults will love supplementing with Fenugreek Seed, as it is thought to help balance blood sugar levels and enhance sexual desire and performance. Good for when the kids are in school!
- G is for Gratitude. Because we are incredibly grateful that nature has given us everything we need to live healthy and happy lives.
- H is for Holy Basil. If the thought of back to school season stresses you out, you’ll want to know about this Adaptogen herb which is believed to help the body naturally balance and adapt to stress.
- I is for Integrative Medicine, which is an approach to medical care that focuses on the patient as a whole and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental influences that affect a person’s health.1
- J is for “just for today”. Calm your anxiety by letting tomorrow take care of itself, and just for today, live in the moment and appreciate the many things you have to be grateful for.
- K is for Kava Kava. For those days when you need a little help letting go of your anxiety, pick up some Kava Kava. Kava Kava is used to help ease symptoms of anxiety and calm the mind.
- L is for Longjax. See F is for Fenugreek Seed above, and try combining that with Longjax. Your partner will thank you.
- M is for MSM. This nutrient helps you keep moving with ease and fluidity, due to its bone and joint support properties.
- N is for “not sweating the small stuff”. One of the most important skills to learn while you cultivate a healthy lifestyle is the ability to tell the difference between the important things that need our attention and the not-so-important things that seemingly demand our attention. Learn to discern between the two and don’t sweat the small stuff.
- O is for Ongoing Commitment to Happiness. Realize that people, places, and things don’t make you happy. Happiness comes from within and determines how you feel about those people, places, and things.
- P is for Passionate About Life, because why would you want to live any other way?
- Q is for Quality Ingredients, like the ones we use in our products. We conduct extensive research on individual ingredients and develop formulas which allow these ingredients to work together synergistically to deliver maximum potency. We are always on a quest to identify the best elements to help you maintain an optimum state of health.
- R is for Resveratrol. Resveratrol is an antioxidant that promotes the health of cells and tissues throughout the body. Bonus: You can find it in red wine.
- S is for Simplicity. A very wise man once said, “Genius is the ability to reduce the complicated to the simple.” We think he could be onto something! (C.W. Ceram)
- T is for Turmeric. Turmeric is delicious in soups and other savory dishes, and supports digestion, circulation, healthy heart and liver function, and healthy tissues.
- U is for Uva Ursi, which has been used medicinally since the 2nd century, and is helpful for those times when your urinary tract could use some TLC.
- V is for Valerian Root, which may be just what you need to help ease the effects of insomnia and anxiety.
- W is for Water. The health benefits of staying hydrated are well known and proven. Read about some of our favorites in this blog.
- X is for Excellence, Always. Excellence does not mean perfection. Do the very best you can, as often as you can.
- Y is for the Yummy, delicious, whole foods that help us live a healthy life.
- Z is for Zinc. Zinc supports immune system function, enzyme and hormone production, healthy tissue healing and development, and healthy vision… all of which are important for back to school time.
So there you have it, the ABCs of a Healthy Back-to-School Season! There are lots of other healthy products, tips, and lifestyle choices - what are your favorites? Share them with us on our Facebook page.
Feed Your Curiosity
If you want to be the first to know about new posts from our blog, join our email list to receive updates with helpful tips for living a healthy life.