Be the Change
“Be the Change You Wish To See In The World.”
Here are some quick facts on South Sudan
- Total Population of South Sudan is 8.26 million
- More than half (51%) of the population is below the age of eighteen.
- 72% of the population is below the age of thirty
- 83% of the population is rural
- 27% of the adult population is literate
- 51% of the population live below the poverty line
- 78% of households depend on crop farming or animal husbandry as their primary source of livelihood
- 55% of the population has access to improved sources of drinking water
Since the outbreak of fighting in December 2013, humanitarian needs in South Sudan have escalated to alarming levels. In addition to the 1.6 million people currently displaced inside South Sudan, over 600,000 people have fled to neighboring countries. More than 4.6 million people have to live in the shadow of food insecurity, with the possibility that it could escalate into famine. Many children are now growing up in a world that has only known violence and fear.
There is the famous quote by Ghandi, “Be The Change You Wish To See In The World.” With our day-to-day lives, we may find ourselves to busy to help “change the world.” This is where our thought process is incorrect. One small act of kindness is in fact changing the world. One act of service is changing the world. One simple smile can change the world. With billions of people on this planet, imagine the possibilities if we all strived to do one small act of kindness. What kind of world would we live in then?
LifeSeasons has committed to help “Be The Change.” We know that this does not happen overnight, but small steps lead to a great impact. Join us on our journey. Become Passionate About Life, and follow our work in South Sudan. We will be traveling there in October to help with many humanitarian efforts and will continue to do so as LifeSeasons new journey with Passionate About Life.
We convey our passion for life through our products as well. We want to help people live in their best body by adding our natural formulas to your daily routine. Check out our products at www.lifeseasons
Email [email protected] for any questions or if you would like to collaborate with LifeSeasons on this great work.