Gingerbread houses, Christmas cookies, homemade fudge, eggnog, and holiday cocktails … ‘Tis definitely the season for a little holiday indulgence, but it is also the time for caring for your loved ones the best way you know how. And while sometimes that may mean baking them delicious goodies and buying them elaborate presents, other times it also means treating them to gifts that help them live their best lives year after year. After all, baked goods only last so long, but good health lasts a lifetime. So this year, we’ve put together a guide to help you choose gifts that bring health and wellness to the holiday season (and the whole year after that!).
Gifts that contribute to your loved ones’ health and wellness can help remind them how special they are to you and that you want what’s best for them. Whether it’s a gift box full of supplements chosen specially for their individual health needs or a supplement gift for weight control so they can burn off the calories from that homemade fudge, these gifts are sure to be appreciated. After all, 76% of all adults in the U.S. take supplements, says the Council of Responsible Nutrition’s annual survey.1 Why not help their health and wellness goals along when buying gifts this year?
Shopping for Supplements By Age and Interest
Sometimes the hardest people to buy gifts for are those who are outside of your age range. It can sometimes feel like you have little in common with family members much older or younger than you, making it difficult to pick out gifts they’ll enjoy. Luckily, there is plenty of research that tells us which kinds of supplements are best for different age groups, which makes choosing the right supplements as gifts an easy task.
- Supplements for Adults Over 50 If you’re looking for a gift for someone over 50, consider supplements that include Calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Folate.2
- Supplements for Adults 19-50 All things considered, we need similar amounts of key nutrients between the ages of 19 and 50. One notable exception is that pregnant women or those in their childbearing years need more Iron and Folic Acid than other adults.3
When shopping for people ages 19-50, think about their lives:
- Do they have small children bringing home various illnesses? Consider getting them a supplement that helps boost their immunity, like Vitamin C and Echinacea.4
- Are you shopping for someone who needs an extra energy boost due to a demanding work or college schedule? Look for supplements that include green tea, which can help boost energy.5
By taking these things into consideration, you’ll show the recipient how much you care about the little details of their lives, making the gift that much more useful and meaningful.
- Supplements for Fitness-Minded Adults Is there a talented athlete in your life that you’re shopping for? Even your non-athletes who are interested in fitness and exercise will appreciate a health and wellness gift that helps them perform their best and keep their bodies feeling good in the process.
Here are a few ingredient ideas to consider when buying your fitness-minded person a supplement gift that will help lead them to health and wellness.
- Shopping for an endurance athlete, look for supplements that increase energy like beetroot and HMB.6
- On the other hand, if you’re shopping for someone more into weightlifting and strength training, look for supplements that help strengthen muscle like creatine and betaine.7
- Supplements that include glucosamine8, turmeric 9, and collagen 10 are great for people into all types of exercise, as each of these helps to support joint health.
Supplement Gifts by Health Needs
Does your loved one have a particular health concern that keeps them up at night? Show them you take their concerns around health and wellness seriously by looking for supplement gifts that help address their needs. Here are some common health issues and the ingredients you should look for within supplements that can help address them:
High Blood Pressure
About 29% of all U.S. adults have high blood pressure.11 Over time, if untreated, high blood pressure can cause health conditions, such as heart disease, stroke, and even death. Look for supplements containing Hawthorn Berry 12 if you know your loved one struggles with high blood pressure.
It’s not news that America has an obesity epidemic, and we recommend treading lightly when giving a gift intended to help the recipient manage their weight. However, if they’ve expressed sincere interest in losing weight, look for a supplement that contains Green Tea Extract 13, which aids in burning fat and improves exercise performance.
According to the CDC, an estimated 50-70 million U.S. adults have some sort of sleeping disorder.14 If you’ve suffered through one sleepless night, you know the effects a lack of sleep can have. When shopping for a loved one who is in need of some shut-eye, look for supplements containing Chamomile 15 or Valerian Root 16, which both help induce sleep.
Three Tips for Gifting Supplements
Once you’ve decided on the right supplements for your loved ones, you’ll need to then consider what quantity might be right for your health and wellness gift. Listed below are a few gift ideas worth considering.
- Stocking Stuffers
When looking for those little gifts to fit into a shoe, sock, or stocking, look for supplements that offer free supplement samples. This is a great way to gift your loved one with health, and you aren’t being too direct. It shows them that you’ve taken the time to consider their interests and their overall wellness.
- A Gift for Health and Wellness
If you’re looking for a bigger gift, and you know what they like, we recommend considering a supplement subscription. A subscription gift lets the recipient never worry about running out of their favorite supplement. Plus, subscription gifts have the added benefit of:
- discounts per bottle. Look for subscriptions that boast 15% or more;
- cancellation policies that you can discontinue anytime, no strings attached, and even let you call direct;
- skipping a delivery if needed;
- reminding you in advance that your card will be charged in a few days to ensure there are no unwanted surprises;
- and, offer free shipping.
- Check Online Before Buying
Next time you are grocery shopping check online before buying. It literally takes a matter of seconds to search online for a supplement and you can see if the supplements provider offers free samples, subscription gifts, or even seasonal and monthly special offers. Gift giving is plentiful and every penny counts.
There are so many ways to show love and care to those you’re buying gifts for, and supplements as gifts are a great place to start. By investing in the health of your loved ones through the gift of supplements, you are showing them how important to you they really are. After all, a healthy life means more years of living and more time with your loved ones!
Feed Your Curiosity
Want to learn more about ingredients, and why they are combined specifically in your supplements? Join our email list to receive updates with helpful tips for living a healthy life, and check-out our vast supplements ingredients collection.