Effective June 1st 2017
This policy is intended to identify the terms and conditions for the advertising of LifeSeasons products. Our brands and products are becoming leaders in the nutritional supplement industry by strong support, marketing and service for our independent retailer market. We are committed to maintaining a strong partnership with our independent retailer customers. When products are advertised at prices that are too low our products and brand suffer and this results in fewer retailers supporting our products. It is our responsibility to protect and nurture the quality and image of our brands and products. It is with this in mind that we are establishing a MAP Policy.
This Policy sets forth the terms and conditions of advertising for sale any LifeSeasons products.
1. LifeSeasons will establish a Minimum Advertised Price (“MAP”) for its products. The MAP may be adjusted by LifeSeasons at its sole discretion upon fourteen (14) days notice.
2. The MAP applies to all advertisements for any LifeSeasons products in any and all media, including, but not limited to: Internet or other electronic media, coupons, mailers, emails, inserts, newspapers, magazines, catalogs, mail order catalogs, television, radio.
3. The MAP is a maximum allowed advertised discount of fifteen (15.0) percent off the Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (“MSRP”) for a single item, as indicated by the current pricing supplied by LifeSeasons, excepting there from any special promotion pre-approved in writing by LifeSeasons. LifeSeasons retains the right to modify MSRP at any time and will notify all dealers and distributors of such price modifications. All resellers and distributors must implement such modifications within sixty (60) days from the date of receipt of such notice, unless there is an existing alternate timeline for such modifications otherwise negotiated between reseller/distributor and LifeSeasons.
4. The MAP applies only to advertised prices and does not apply to the price at which LifeSeasons products are actually sold or offered for sale to an individual consumer within the reseller’s retail location. “Retail location” is defined as the physical place where end-users can physically buy and take immediate delivery of LifeSeasons products. The final sales price remains totally at resellers’ and distributors’ discretion.
5. This policy therefore prohibits any and all website and other internet references to prices below MAP with the exception of prices on the final checkout page after credit card and other billing information has been entered by the consumer.
6. The policy does not in any way limit the ability of a reseller to advertise generally for example that it “has the lowest prices” as long as LifeSeasons products are not advertised, either expressly or by implication, at a price less than MAP. If the advertising names LifeSeasons products explicitly, then the following are examples of advertising that would violate this policy as these examples would express or imply a price less than MAP for LifeSeasons products: “priced too low to show”, “prices so low we can't advertise”, “instant discounts”, “instant rebates” etc.
7. LifeSeasons may periodically discontinue products or engage in promotions with respect to certain items. In such events, LifeSeasons may, at its discretion, modify or suspend the MAP with respect to the affected products by timely notifying all dealers of such change.
8. LifeSeasons will monitor, to the best of its ability, compliance with this policy. Failure to follow this policy may result in termination of relationship and therefore LifeSeasons will have the right to cease supplying the LifeSeasons products to the reseller or distributor. Such a violation may also result in the nullification of any promotional support agreements between LifeSeasons and the reseller or distributor.
This is a statement of LifeSeasons MAP policy. It is not an agreement or offer to form an agreement with any specific party. It is simply a description of the conditions under which LifeSeasons chooses to sell its products to its resellers or distributors.
If you have questions regarding this MAP policy, please contact your sales representative or email support @lifeseasons.com.